Unfortunately, employers cheat workers out of wages and overtime in many ways using a variety of methods.
For many companies, employee compensation is one the largest expenses, creating an incentive to shave hours off workers’ timecards, withhold benefits, and reduce labor costs.
Some of the most common forms of wage abuse involve:
- Minimum wage violations
- Overtime pay violations
- Misclassification of workers
- Unpaid “Off the clock” work
- Employee payroll debit card fees
- Improper recordkeeping
- Tip-sharing and tip-pooling violations
- Uncompensated meal breaks
- Unreimbursed mileage and expenses
- Failure to pay for time spent donning and doffing gear and equipment
Click on any of the links above to learn more about frequent examples of wage theft.